Google Cloud: adding your DPO or EU representative for the GDPR
GDPR is a hot topic nowadays, and I was dealing with that a lot during the last time.
I am, as many of admins of the Google Cloud recently received a message from Google Cloud Platform support with instructions how to add DPO and EU representative to your company profile contacts.
But as so often, the instructions from Google were not so easy: the pages when they referred in their message have the missing buttons, and I was forced to dig through a lot of conflicting and leading to nowhere links and pages.
After I finally find the way to do it, I decided to share it with you to save your efforts and time. Here is this information:
Register DPO or EU representative for the GDPR
If your organization is required under the European Union’s (EU) Data Protection Regulation to appoint a data protection officer (DPO), an EU representative, or both, register their details in your Google Admin console.
You must be signed in as a super administrator for this task.
Register your representatives
- Go to Company profile > Legal & compliance.
- Under Your data protection officer details or Your EU representative details, enter contact information, as required for your organization under the Data Protection Regulation Law.
- Click Save.
GDPR: About the DPO and EU representative
- A data protection officer (DPO) is the person designated, where applicable, to facilitate compliance with the provisions of the GDPR. The GDPR defines the criteria and the conditions under which a data protection officer must be designated.
- An EU representative is the person designated, where applicable, to represent customers not established in the EU with regard to their obligations under the GDPR.
No time to it by yourself? Consider us as an Expert for this task
Make Your Website GDPR Fine-Proof
With thе new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) taking effect in May 2018, some standard business practices like monitoring and profiling of your site users without their consent may become illegal. Are you into digital advertising or do you own a website that collects, store or distribute personally identifiable information of EU citizens?
Let Hotsnow assist your business or corporation with the GDPR audit of your website and other third-party technologies in compliance with the new data protection law.
Our team comprises over a dozen experts with extensive experience in digital advertising, online tracking technology, and IT law.
We can help make your website legal by getting the actual work done rather than having you make ticks or checkboxes on paper.
Request a quote
The collection of web browsing data will make most online advertising, web analytics, and third-party widgets fall short of the new European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). While compliance with the GDPR requires changes in almost every aspect of a business’ website and third-party technologies, many GDPR consultants often overlook some areas. These include the highly technical and complicated elements like online tracking and profiling of website visitors. Your company could still be at risk of the huge and very stiff fines for GDPR non-compliance without critically examining every aspect of your website and making the necessary modifications in line with the new data law.
Depending on the level of users’ data right infringement, the new General Data Protection Regulation allows your business/organisation whether big or small to be fined a sum as high as €20 million or 4% of your global annual revenue of the prior financial year.
Having your website audited and made GDPR compliant far exceeds the cost of facing a GDPR trial.
We follow a simple three-step approach to critically look into your website and provide you with a General Data Protection Regulation compliant ready solution.
Upon contacting us,
• We assign experts from our team to get back to you
• We evaluate your site and obtain the necessary details and credentials
Auditing and Solution Designing
• Our team of auditing experts analyzes every aspect of your website for gaps in GDPR compliance
• We design a fitting solution in line with the new data law
• We deliver the GDPR compliant solutions, and
• Guide you through testing of the ready solutions
WHY CHOOSE Hotsnow
- We’re a European Company with a detailed understanding of the GDPR law and the workings of the ICO.
- Our team is comprised of experts with broad experience in digital advertising, online tracking technology, and IT law.
- Well of GDPR auditing experience to draw from. We’ve successfully executed numerous GDPR auditing projects including working on our website.
GET THE ACTUAL WORK DONE
What we don’t do
Hotsnow don’t provide clients with trial suggestions nor engage them in box-ticking exercises.
What we do
At, Hotsnow, we perform the necessary tasks required to make your website Ready!
Request a quote today!